The Survival, Sci-Fi MMO Population Zero is expected to launch on Steam Early Access starting May 5. Players will not only be challenged to survive the wilderness, but time itself will become an enemy.
Unlike many other survival style MMOs, Population Zero will have a clear goal in mind, and players will need to reach that goal within 168 hours (7 days). This is how Population Zero will play out:
- The very first cycle starts in a special instanced Drop Zone, a single-player Tutorial
- Game cycles last 168 hours, or 7 consecutive days – a light day on Kepler
- You have more than enough time to complete the main objective, explore the planet, engage themselves with building, resource gathering and crafting, battle mobs or other players
- Each cycle rewards players with account experience necessary to unlock new modes, mechanics and further enhance the gameplay
- Win or lose – you still get rewards and experience according to your progress during a session
- When joining a new session players will be matched according to their current account level
In addition to having defined goals and rewards, the time constraint in Population Zero will allow for detailed stories that combine narrative and survival mechanics, prevent specific groups from taking over servers, allow developers to experiment and create exciting new mechanics, and allow players to gradually unlock new mechanics and achievements.
To survive, players must repair the power generations on Artemis by completing a series of goals. There are 4 ways a game will end:
- Complete the main objective and survive
- Fail to make it in time and lose
- Get turned into an alien monster and die: frequent respawns increase colonists’ mutation level which will eventually lead to a complete character transformation – the very first death in the form of an alien creature ends the session
- Deliberately end the session
For those interested in keeping tabs on Population Zero, it can now be added to your Steam wishlist.
Source: Enplex Blog
The post Population Zero Begins Early Access on May 5 appeared first on MMOGames.com.
On March 11, 2020, PlanetSide 2 received its biggest update since the game’s release in 2012. The update, titled Escalation, includes a new guild-based endgame system called Outfit Wars, a deep War Assets systems, the cross-empire Sanctuary Social Hub, and the Bastion Fleet Carrier.
The highlight of the PlanetSide 2 Escalation update is the Outfit Wars endgame tournament system that will allow dedicated outfits to qualify for monthly GvGvG tournaments on the new Desolation asteroid map. This will allow players to travel off-planet for the first time, and the new War Asset system will allow guilds to collect resources that can be crafted into assets including:
- Bastion Fleet Carrier: This massive interplanetary fleet carrier features mannable turrets, ship-mounted artillery cannons, an interceptor launch platform, and mobile vehicle respawn points
- Steel Rain: A coordinated platoon drop pod assault onto a target location
- Citadel Shield: A sturdy projectile-blocking bubble shield the size of a small outpost
- A.N.V.I.L.: Airdrop a ground vehicle of your choice on demand
- Orbital Satellite Uplink: Radio in an Orbital Strike anywhere on the battlefield
“We are excited to provide the PlanetSide 2 community with an expansion that rewards our most dedicated players; past, present and future,” said Andy Sites, Executive Producer on the PlanetSide Franchise for Rogue Planet Games. “The new seasonal tournaments for dedicated Outfits, Cross-Empire Social Zone, and a meta-changing War Asset System add even greater depth and scale to PlanetSide 2’s unique all-out planetary warfare gameplay.”
Source: Press Release
The post Escalation Update for PlanetSide 2 Launches Today appeared first on MMOGames.com.
The latest update to Black Desert Mobile adds North Mediah, the Ancient Maze, increased drop rates, and Patrigio now carries mystical equipment.
Recently, Black Desert Mobile opened up the North Mediah region for exploration. This is a large landmass with tons of new content and quests to engage in. As part of the celebration, many useful items will drop in the North Mediah region including skill books for ascended characters and abyssal gear. Additionally, the NPC Patrigio will now carry mystical gear and weapons for purchase, and players who don’t meet the silver requirements will be able to haggle with Patrigio.
Finally, the Ancient Maze is a brand new battlefield with five levels. After each level is completed, players can decide whether he or she wants to progress to the next one. As each level is conquered, players will be given special rewards including a new pet. If a player dies during the challenge, they will be left with nothing – so challengers need to progress at their own peril.
Source: Press Release
The post Black Desert Mobile Adds North Mediah Region appeared first on MMOGames.com.
The 3rd anniversary is coming to MMORPG Revelation Online and with it comes the largest content update yet. Later this month, Skyward World will launch as a free expansion!
- 10 Player Raid – The City of the Demon Gods: Claim your right to raise hell in this all new instance-based dungeon. Up to 10 players can battle eldritch terrors and fiery demons, including the City’s five most hellish lieutenants as bosses.
- New abilities for all seven classes: Need some more power to take on the new adventures in time and space? Players will be able to unleash extraordinary new abilities for the Gunslinger, Blademaster, Swordmage, Vanguard, Spiritshaper, Occultist, and Assassin classes!
- Recruit three more Battle Companions: Team up! Characters can team up with a trio of new Battle Companions for their journeys in Voras: Sky, Aniya, and Yue Zhang!
- Cross-Server Weddings: Let there be Love! With the introduction of cross-server weddings, players can get married in the spectacular Crystalline Palace, invite guests from any server, try on a beautiful new gown, and tie the knot in style with a dreamy carriage mount.
- New Progression System: Book of Enchantments: With the new Book of Enchantments progression system, players can collect enchantments to power up their character and unlock its true potential.
- Achievement System Updated: The achievement system has been revamped with an improved UI and navigation, and a new tab showing claimed and unclaimed rewards. As players earn achievements through their adventures, they’ll unlock 13 milestone rewards based on score, with a special mount that unlocks after accumulating 30,000 achievement points.
- Imperial War: Battle for Voras: The cross-server PvP Madness of Imperial Wars is coming to Voras. Defend or attack during the scheduled skirmishes in this weekly event, where up to 300 players on both sides can clash in an attempt to outwit and outlast the enemy team! Fight for control of four islands, including the Wild Realm, the Guardian Realm, the Noble Realm, and the Realm of Voras. Weekly events and special server titles will be available throughout the Imperial War.
- Revamped user Interface & New Tutorial: The Tutorial has been expanded, now featuring characters destined to play a vital role in the new adventures. Additionally, many quality of life improvements have been implemented alongside a revamped UI across the board.
- Starting today: Promotions celebrating the 3rd Anniversary: From today, until March 11th, Players can head on over to the MY.GAMES Market to claim daily rewards! We will be introducing a new item one day at a time.
Source: Press Release
The post Revelation Online Announces Skyward World Expansion appeared first on MMOGames.com.
Starting today, ArcheAge and ArcheAge: Unchained players will be able to access the first solo dungeon in the MMORPG, Hereafter Rebellion, and new Ancestral skills for the Swiftblade class.
In the solo dungeon Hereafter Rebellion, players will command their own armies to stop the threat of the Crimson Army and rescue the souls for Hereafter Prestige and generous rewards. If you would rather take on a group threat, the deadly sea beast Charybdis has escaped from its cage and is now roaming the seas of Erenor. Players will need to band together to defeat this watery threat in a naval raid battle.
Additionally, the Switfblade has received its Ancestral skills, which further increase its damage, and Gamigo is celebrating its first annual Lucius Motion Picture Awards with the ArcheAge community. Submit your short video and enter the contest for a change to win a laptop or other prizes from GIGABYTE.
Source: Press Release
The post ArcheAge Adds Solo Dungeon and Swiftblade Ancestral Skills appeared first on MMOGames.com.
After having released in Early Access this January, the Temtem 2020 roadmap has now been revealed by publisher Humble Bundle and developer Crema.
Temtem is an Early Access MMO that focuses on collecting and battling all kinds of creatures. Initially inspired by Pokemon, Temtem has truly become its own beast. While this roadmap includes development that leads up to the 1.0 official launch, the team has stressed that it will support Temtem well after that.
Here is a brief overview of the upcoming content and when to expect it:
- Ranked Matchmaking V1
- Spectator Mode V1
- In-Game Chat
- Chat Bubbles
- Club Management
- New Island: Kisiwa
- ~25 New Temtem
- Player Housing
- Climbing Gear
- Emotes V2
- New Island: Cipanku
- ~25 New Islands
- 1st Mythical Temtem
- In-Game Tournaments
- Quest Diary
It should also be stressed that none of this is 100% confirmed to be implemented and development cycles always change. For more detailed information, be sure to check out Crema’s blog!
Source: Official Blog
The post Temtem 2020 Roadmap Revealed appeared first on MMOGames.com.
Enplex Games announced today that its Sci-Fi MMO Population Zero will be available in May 2020 on Steam as a buy-to-play Early Access title. Population Zero combines exploration and survival mechanics with the seamless MMO world of Kepler.
The focus of Population Zero is on a narrative, survival experience that includes a deep main plot, side quests, and many non-player characters who are shrouded in mystery. As an added twist, Enplex will be adding a ‘win condition’ to the game. Every seven days, Kepler will become an unlivable wasteland and players will need to start over bringing the knowledge of their past lives. As this cycle repeats, players will unlock many different account-based rewards.
Initially, Population Zero was planned to be a free-to-play title, but the monetization model has shifted to buy-to-play. The game will be priced at $29.99 with a 10% discount during early access.
“The decision to change the monetization model from F2P to a one-time purchase has been made after a series of thorough discussions within the team and core community,” said Enplex Games Creative Director Denis Pozdnyakov. “The shift to B2P will allow the studio to continue the work on the game without fears of ‘pay to win’, as well as allowing us to release new game content that really enhances the gameplay.”
Source: Press Release
The post Sci-Fi MMO Population Zero Expected to Launch in May appeared first on MMOGames.com.
Netmarble Corp. recently published its fourth quarter earnings for fiscal year 2019 and the results are somewhat unexpected. Netmarble’s quarter four year-over-year revenue growth for 2019 increased by 13.3% but it still experienced a decline of 11% from the previous quarter and a overall net profit decrease of 26.1% for all of 2019.
Normally, when we think of the mobile game industry, the first thing that comes to mind is the explosive growth in recent years, but that appears to be slowing. Netmarble is one of the most prominent developers and publishers of mobile games in the world and has some incredibly high-profile titles like Lineage 2: Revolution, Marvel Future Fight, BTS World, and The King of Fighters Allstar. The company was clearly busy last year with a number of new releases, but clearly expenses outweighed revenue as sales only increased by 7.6% while operating profit decreased by 16.5% and net profit decreased by 26.1%.
The following statement was made by Netmarble Co-CEO Seungwon Lee:
“The launches of our AAA mobile titles such as THE KING OF FIGHTERS ALLSTAR, BTS WORLD, and the continued success of our ongoing titles like Lineage 2: Revolution and MARVEL Contest of Champions, demonstrate our ability to deliver globally acclaimed games year after year. Following Magic: ManaStrike’s worldwide January launch, The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross’ global release in March, and upcoming launches of Blade & Soul Revolution in Asia in Q2 and the global launch of MARVEL Realm of Champions in the first half of 2020, we continue to produce innovative, exciting new titles while supporting our diverse portfolio of world-class, mobile gaming experiences in 2020.”
Source: Press Release
The post Mobile Developer Netmarble Experiences Profit Decline in 2019 appeared first on MMOGames.com.
The latest update to Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.2, Echoes of a Fallen Star, is now available and brings with it a new dungeon, raid, trial, and main scenario quests.
This week’s update to Final Fantasy XIV is bursting with content. First, there’s the main scenario quest update: Echoes of a Fallen Star, which continues the narrative of the Warrior of Darkness and Scions of the Seventh Dawn as they await for the Crystal Exarch to return them home.
Next up is the Eden’s Verse raid, which is the second chapter in the Eden raid series and includes both Normal and Savage difficulties. There’s also a new dungeon, Anamnesis Anyder that can be played through with other adventurers or NPCs using the Trust system. Finally, the Cinder Drift is a new trial that brings one of the most iconic boss fights to Final Fantasy XIV: Ruby Weapon. Ruby is the latest weapon for the Garlean military and can be challenged on Normal and Extreme difficulties.
If that wasn’t enough, there will also be new Beast Tribe quests, ocean fishing, and new Resistance Weapons that will see updates from patch 5.2 onward.
Source: Press Release
The post Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.2 Adds Ruby Weapon Trial appeared first on MMOGames.com.
Starting on Thursday, February 20, Steam players in Asia will have the opportunity to take part in the closed beta for Hunter’s Arena: Legends.
Hunter’s Arena: Legends is a highly-anticipated hybrid of MOBA, battle royale, and action RPG developed by Mantisco. Those interested in testing out the game can register through the Mantisco portal for a chance at gaining access. From those who register, a lucky 10,000 will be selected to beta test the game. The Closed Beta will run from Thursday, Feb 20, to Sunday, Feb 23, 12pm KST.
Additionally, there will be more than 300 popular streamers demonstrating Hunter’s Arena: Legends during the test period that viewers can tune into including: Pokimane, SypherPK, imaqtpie, LIRIK and more.
Unique features of Hunter’s Arena: Legends:
- Unique Character Classes – Classic MOBA-inspired character classes offer players unique ways to compete for glory. Every player class offers different strengths and weaknesses, along with countless skill and equipment upgrades;
- Solo and Team Play – Players must balance aggressive and strategic game styles by going head-to-head or by teaming up to take down daunting computer-generated bosses;
- Lightning-Quick Combat – A unique fighting system allows for strategic combos including parrying, a counter system and more for smooth online tournaments;
- Gorgeous Arenas – Hunter’s Arena: Legends utilizes Unreal Engine technology to create detailed character models and an immersive world.
Source: Press Release
The post Hunter’s Arena: Legends Beta Begins Feb 20 appeared first on MMOGames.com.