Ready to escape to a new world, Neverwinter fans? Perfect World Entertainment has you covered. It’s time to scale the mountain! Or rather, the undermountain. The company has announced that Neverwinter: Undermountain is now available on PC, and set to come to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on June 11.
“In this expansive new update, adventurers are summoned to Halaster Blackcloak’s enormous dungeon beneath Waterdeep where they will explore five diverse new Adventure Zones via the Yawning Portal social hub. Adventurers in Neverwinter can also look forward to a level cap increase to 80, an Endgame Dungeon, Class Powers and Feats overhauls, a revamped Boons system, a richer loot drop experience, and tons more in Undermountain,” the company noted in its press release.
Here are the features available within the game, straight from Perfect World:
- Undermountain Campaign– The many levels of Undermountain hold secrets, exceptional rewards, wondrous beasts and remarkable experiences. The Mad Mage has called adventurers to the cavernous halls below Waterdeep, but for what purpose? Players must survive five brand new Adventure Zones to find out.
- New Expedition Feature– This all-new feature introduced in Undermountain highlights the unknowable nature of the levels beneath Waterdeep. Expeditions will challenge adventurers with scaling, dynamic, repeatable quests in the search for magic relics, lost routes and some of the expansion’s greatest rewards.
- Class Revamps – All eight of Neverwinter’s classes will receive varying levels of balance and adjustments in this expansion. Each class has also been renamed to align with Fifth Edition. The goal with these changes is to align classes with their roles and make customization within each path viable, fun and more straightforward.
- Rewards Overhaul– The most notorious dungeon in all of Faerûn will reward adventurers with the best loot in all of Neverwinter. With a level cap increase to 80, new sources of powerful loot including tiered artifact sets can be earned throughout Undermountain and from its caverns’ inhabitants.
- Endgame Challenge Campaign – Neverwinter’s many older and non-leveling-zone campaigns now offer three weekly bounties earning currency for rewards that are in-line with their endgame characters, regardless of whether the zone these quests were completed in are considered “Endgame”, e.g., Underdark or Sharandar.
- Redesigned Companions System – Player Companions now fall into one of five categories. The more companions owned within each category, the stronger active companions will be with power upgrades. Synergy will create the biggest bonuses, however, the goal of these changes is to ensure all players can use whichever companions that they want, without punishment.
- Halaster Encounters– The Mad Mage’s influence can be felt throughout Undermountain, with unpredictable appearances presenting opportunities to witness his full control over this domain. After all, it is his home.
“Players will encounter and be guided by the proprietor of the well-known tavern, Durnan (voiced by Dungeon Master Ruty Rutenberg), and the Chultan priest of Waukeen, Obaya Uday (voiced by D&D community leader and founder of Gilding Light, Satine Phoenix). Adventurers in Neverwinter can also look forward to a level cap increase to 80, an Endgame Dungeon, Class Powers and Feats overhauls, a revamped Boons system, a richer loot drop experience and tons more in Undermountain,” the company said.
It’s a free-to-play title still, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t jump in and check it out. The trailer is below, and really gives you a good idea of what to expect!
Source: Press Release
The post Neverwinter Gets Its Largest Expansion Yet With Undermountain appeared first on MMOGames.com.